Sunday, May 19, 2013

This Week Just Hopped On Out!!!


This was a very fast week.....what did we do?  The weather here was pretty cool with clouds and some rain.  With the weather not being favorable for some gardening I left the cover on the hoop garden all week.  There will probably be a good surprise when I raise the cover again.  The hops are loving life  right now.  I have about 8 bines growing and the tallest is about 8 feet.  The late August harvest will be here before I know it, I am hoping for 5+ pounds this year. 

I did some last touches on the KZ440 before I drove her for a 10 mile test run and then down to storage to await the future buyer.  This is a great true classic twin engine bike....someone will be happy with her.  Well, I hope!

1982 KZ440 for sale...

Bringing home the new project...
I am ready for the next build.  This bike is a 1980 Yamaha XS400 twin.  Someone started to turn her into a hard tail bobber.  I sure hope I can get her running on both cylinders and finish it up!  She sure is ugly!!!
She fits pretty good in the small shop...
My sweet wife has has some back issues since Thursday.  She couldn't walk at first and is taking better strides day by day.  She has enjoyed some baking this weekend and long naps with the kittens!
Strawberry scones... gifts for 3 different neighbors. Plus, she took inspiration from Mashley's wedding flowers to make the rose bouquets in silver julep cups.
These bundles of warm love are better than any medicine...
 Until next time..................

3 comments:

  1. I'm low on brain power today, but love this post, as I do all of 'em! Kisses to the kittehs for taking care of my seester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture. Effing adorable. I look forward to learning more about your hardtail build, I am loving my first run as a shad tree mechanic with my KZ! The hops look great, ours aren't that big yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of Marie with the tittens! I hope after a month her back is feeling better. I'm sure Lefty and Eno made her all better <3

    ReplyDelete