Sunday, May 12, 2013

The New Fleet

Well the garage has been so busy the last week and half that I haven't updated the readers about the new fleet.  Before we went on vacation the BKG was empty, empty means no $$$ coming in!  Well as I returned to the PacNW I was scanning the web looking for a new buy.  Long story short.....I found a 3 bike deal only an hour from the Pastime.  The bikes were Kawasaki's answer to the British twins....The KZ 750 twin.  The seller stated that they all must go, so I grabbed my neighbor's trailer and took it to work with me hoping I could venture on down to Oregon to see the bikes.  The seller's place was an American Picker's dream place.  There was junk everywhere....you had to dig in barns and under lean-to sheds....here, there, and everywhere to find the hidden treasures.  I found the three bikes right away and learned that he had other bikes too!  He said, "everything is for sale, just make me an offer."  After about 3 hours of digging bikes, searching his files for titles, and negotiating prices......I settled for 6 bikes.
Looks like an indoor junk yard!
1982 KZ440
1978 KZ750
1977 KZ750
1980 KZ750...parts bike
1975 CB500 Twin
1980 Yamaha XS400 Hardtail
As you see these are projects.  I sold the black KZ750 yesterday.  The blue KZ440 is almost finished....I did get this one running and drove it around the block.  I ordered some gaskets and need to rebuild the front brake caliper.  After that it should bring about 2/3 of what I bought the lot of 6 for.  I have two people coming this week to look at the red CB.  Looks like I need to make some more purchases and keep the garage going.

2 comments:

  1. Well well well that is quite a haul!! You're running quite the shop, Willie! We need to figure out your Biker Name. Surely there's a formula for that.

    ReplyDelete