Sunday, April 7, 2013

Busted Knuckle Garage

The garage is now down to 2 bikes......I don't remember if I informed the thousands of readers that the Kawasaki twins sold in 3 days.  About 2 weeks ago I found yet another sweet deal on Craigslist.....a 1982 Honda CB450 Nighthawk.  This is the first year of the Nighthawk.  It made a great run with Honda.  Today they still make this engine and it's called the Rebel 450.  The bike wasn't running when I went to check it out, but I saw the potential.  This bike is a great commuter as is (55mpg) or would make a sweet cafe racer.  This engine is real quick and light.  I rebuilt the carburetors and rejetted, installed new front and rear brakes, new Kenda cruiser tires, new throttle cables, and fresh oil and spark plugs.  I was zipping up and down our hill within minutes.  All that is left is to finish rebuilding the front brake caliper and then it's ready for the auction block.  I think this will turn a quick pretty penny for BNG....and if it doesn't......I know someone who wouldn't mind riding it......yes, me!
Just arrived home......
Tearing it down....
Just need a little more polishing and then it's ready for the auction block....



The Honda CB750 is finally back on the road after a small rebuild.  I tell you what.....that dang engine is heavy!!!  I replaced some gaskets along with some valve adjustments and added some super good oil and oil additive.  A new set of low rise handle bars and this beast runs like a raped ape!
I stripped an old oil pan bolt.....I drilled a hole in the center of the bolt and hammered a screwdriver into it and backed the bolt out.  See next pic.
This bolt was underneath the engine.  I had to lay the bike down to perform the work.  Yes a 550 lb bike.
I think she looks sweet!  Could use a little polish....maybe next weekend.
I posted the Honda CB750 on Craigslist tonight....Hopefully someone else will be loving on her soon!

1 comment:

  1. DAAAANNNG dude you are a bike rebuilding machine!! I can't believe how quick you turn these things around! So impressed. Hope you make some mad cashola!

    ReplyDelete