Sunday, March 17, 2013

I Think Spring Is Here In The PacNW!

The Cascade hops....
I think Spring has arrived.....finally!  Today the rain and clouds broke just long enough to get some yard chores done.  With Marie away I get bored real quick and need to find something to do.  Since the motorcycle is a stand still because my parts aren't here I decided to trim the grass, turn over the garden and compost, weed some flower beds, re-pot some plants, and feed the chickens some delicious worms.  I keep plastic over my hop boxes for a little warmth in the winter months.  Today I decided to peel it back and take a peek.....I was happy to see some green growth.  I can't wait to watch these babies reach for the sky. 
Chinooks
Here is a look at our bare backyard.  Hopefully in a few short months it will be lush with flowers and vegetables.
I hope to add the plastic over the hoop garden when I get back from St. Louis.
I am making my own soil mixture from our kitchen compost.  Rich with worms.  It even has a hint of citrus from the fruit peels.

Marie makes carpet patterns with the vacuum and I make them with the lawnmower.
Eno has been sleeping here for 2 days!

3 comments:

  1. I miss you!! You are so wonderful...keeping busy and doing so many helpful projects. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to take a nap with lefty! Also you always give me garden envy.

    ReplyDelete