Saturday, March 16, 2013

When the cat's away...the mouse will play!!!


My love has been working out of town all week in northern Washington and now she is away helping her mom and dad move to North Carolina.  We love each other so much that the best part of each others day is when we meet up in the evenings after work.  We walk, cook, piddle, shop, play with the cats, and just veg out together.  She's my partner in crime.
Marie left Lefty in charge of guarding the house.  He sure is fit!

While Lady Marie is away I'm trying to keep occupied with my hobbies to pass the time.  I have been spending a lot of my evenings working on my motorcycle and today (Saturday) I brewed a Czech Pilsner.  Here are some pics for your enjoyment.
Starting to tear down to remove the engine.
This is the oil pan....there are some crunchy bugs and metal shavings down there.
Doing some valve adjustments on the head.
Engine reinstalled.
Mise en place for a triple decoction Czech Pils.
1st decoction.
Second decoction.
Waiting for fermentation.


So far I have been keeping myself occupied, but I am running out of project with weather permitting.  I am waiting for some motorcycle parts before I can finish it up, I have brewed 2 beers in a week, the garden is still too cool to plant, the clothes are washed, dishes are done!  Oh, I can always scoop litter.....it's a never ending job.  Those cats!


2 comments:

  1. This is a great post! That picture of Lefty KILLS ME. So cute and chunky and cuuuute! I know you're missing your sweetie... I'll give her some extra squeezes when I see her next weekend. Hope you won't be too lonely this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willie that motorbike is looking real nice. Is that a fresh paint job on it? Nice work on the decoctions too. They are worth it.

    ReplyDelete