Sunday, February 24, 2013

She's got legs... He's got new wheels...

We FINALLY bottled our 2011 Syrah.  The smell and flavor has seriously improved over the last several months. It was fun to put it into pretty bottles and use our little $8 corker to seal them.  We are hoping that the bottle conditioning period will work some more magic.  They will age in our wine cellar (aka: spare brew-ed-room). Hopefully it will be worthy of sharing this holiday season!
She's got legs... they are small, but you can see them if you look close enough!
And... in order to overcome the depression and boredom of having sold the Kawasaki, a new motorcycle has been purchased for riding pleasure and garage crowding.  There still is a 1978 Honda CB 750 in the garage and now there is a mate.  I (Connor) found another 1978 Honda CB 750 on good ole' Craigslist.  I checked it out last Monday and drove it home yesterday.  It runs like a Scalded Ape!  This bike is in great condition and needs nothing.....maybe just some miles.  I plan on reselling this when I get the title transferred in my name.  Until then I will be riding every chance I get.  I already put on 50 miles. 
That is Connor flying down the road! I couldn't keep up with him on the way home!

We bid farewell with the tale of two cats... who cost their owners a small fortune... and cried the whole way to the vet every time they had to go (well, the owners and the cats both cried). 
They HATE this box... won't go near it at the house...but won't come out of it once we arrive a the vet's.
We literally had to pry them out...they braced their fat little paws on every corner they could grab.
 Sadly, Lefty has managed to gain a pound over the last year, despite our efforts to help him lose weight.  And Eno, bless his expensive little heart, had an empty bladder so they couldn't check to see if he was still harboring bacteria.  Which means, (you guessed it!) he gets to go back to the vet yet again later this week. Oh the joys.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that your week will be great!

1 comment:

  1. I read this post in a fog yesterday and loved everything... I'm still not sure I can comment adequately, but I will try! Love the title and the wine legs! I bet it's going to be luscious. CT's new bike is a beaut! And oh my poor neph-cats... how can you do this to them?!

    ReplyDelete