Saturday, February 9, 2013

She's Gone.....

"The Last Ride"

Well I hate to say it but my little Kawasaki 400 has been sold.  I know everyone is wondering why I would sell my little baby......we have been through so much in the last 7 months.  She sat in our little garage (which I have named the Tucker House Busted Knuckle Garage) dead...stripped down.....and then brought back to life.  Including dirt bikes I have owned 10 motorcycles....I love to tinker, fix up, learn, and move on.  Well, it's time to move on.  I brought back to life a 38 years young motorcycle and had the best time ever.  I actually loved that Kawa!  I had a wild thought about 2 weeks ago to post it on Craigslist and see what happens...you know me, I like to fish and this is what I was doing.  I am a business man at heart and love to turn a profit.  So......I put a top dollar price on her (and she was worth it.....at least in my mind) and someone took the bait.  A young Army man that just got back from being deployed called me last week and we talked about it.  He told me he would take it....he showed up today with $$$.  I at least put about 75 miles on her in the past week., I rode every chance I got when the weather permitted.  It may have been cold but I wore layers and layers just to feel the wind on my face. 
It runs better than it looks.

Some of you might know that there is still another bike in the garge, which is true the Honda 750.  But like the Kawa I made another Craigslist post early this past week.  I got an email about it last night and another Military man and I exchanged several emails.  He is deployed know till April, but supposedly  his roommate is going to come check it out and take it.  I will believe it when I see it!  So the Tucker House Busted Knuckle Garage could be totally empty next weekend.  I know someone who would enjoy that.........and it's not me.
Black soil.
Tomato factory

To cope with today's huge loss I decided to get the garden in shape for spring.  The soil needed turning as well as last year's compost.  We collected all of our kitchen waste for a year along with some grass clippings, spent grain from brewing, and bbq ash in our compost bin.  Every month I would turn over the  compost...in the warm months it was quite ripe smelling!  About 2 weeks ago I emptied the bin and put black plastic over to start cooking it.  Today I removed the plastic and turned it over.....there were more worms than any bait shop!
Cooking!
Back bending work
Food...hungry?

2 comments:

  1. Dang I can't believe it!! Sad for you that you sold it but happy that you had such a successful project and got some cash monies out of the deal. So jealous of your spring prep... I want to grow some decent veg this year but we just aren't set up for it and I don't know if I'm going to get motivated to build raised beds and keep up with everything. Can I hire you out as my gardener??

    ReplyDelete