Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Little Smoke and Brew!

Kingsford, Lump Charcoal, and soaked Apple and Alder woodchips....let's go.


Today I got out of bed and hit the ground running!  I have had the best weekend just hanging at the house with Marie.  I didn't work yesterday (Saturday) and that is not typical for me.  This morning I lit the BBQ pit at 9am and fed the fire for 8 hours. 
A real Cowboy's breakfast!

Marie made biscuits and gravy to start the morning off right.  

I smoked a 4# brisket and a whole chicken. 
Dopplebock on left (last weeks brew) Pre-Prohibition on right.

While smoking I brewed a double decocted Pre-Prohibition Lager.  That's right.......malt and corn!
Looks like some dried weeds.
Picked clean.
Addicted!
  I even made the cats a catnip toy from last years vine dried catnip.  I woke Lefty up with the catnip sack and he got higher than a kite....so funny to see his marbled eyes and his toothless mouth get so big.

 Dinner was great!  Chopped bbq brisket, jalapeno jack mac & cheese, and a nice garden salad.  The chicken is for a smoked chicken pot pie that I will create later and the week.  Real comfort. 

Have a GR8 week!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want samples of all of the above!! Looks like a great way to spend a weekend (and so nice that you got to enjoy a non-working Saturday).

    ReplyDelete