Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Harvest Ale is bottled!

Just before bottling
I bottled my 3rd annual Harvest Ale (Indian Red) last night.  I ended up dry hopping with THB hops the last 4 days.  I used approximately 4.5 ounces that I had previously dried.  I really liked the color and the hop bittering was just right.  For an Indian Red it wasn't too over-powering with bitterness.  Like I said, I bottled it and didn't keg.  I chose to bottle because after all the whole leaf hop additions I was only left with 4 gallons.  My last batch (Rye Not?) I kegged....which was my first brew to ever keg.....and I finished it with in 2 weeks (with the help of my neighbor, hopefully the Indian Red will last a bit longer).  I put the majority of the brew in 12 oz bottles with the exception of 4 22oz bottles.  My Brewthers....be expecting a brew mail in the very near future!
Dry hop addition....4.5oz

BKG Update:

By now I thought the CB550 would be finished and already sold.  Well, I opened a can of worms.  I started cleaning the chrome pitting....it was going well, then I had a thought of stripping it down and power coating the wheels and frame.  In order to do this everything must come off! 
It's easy taking things off....you just have to remember where they go!
I decided that I was going to make my own custom seat pan.
Really not hard, just takes some metal sculpting, bending, and cutting.
I have contacted a local Powder Coating business and they quoted me a fair price.  I hope to finish up the seat pan and fabricate in a rear fender.  They are going to sandblast the wheels, frame, and swing arm then powder coat everything gloss black. 

3 comments:

  1. Always love the names you choose for your brews! I am finally going to make it to the post office today to mail some seriously-overdue items to you (and the brewthers). You'll have to let me know when they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet man - You keep the house hoppin' and love brewing with all your projects. I did notice that you failed to mention your brewister. Does she know that she is included with your brewthers?
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one seriously good looking carboy shot what with all the red hues and hop flowers. I can't even keep track of your motorcycles anymore.

    ReplyDelete