Sunday, September 29, 2013

1972 Honda Z50 Mini-Bike

Marie thinks I'm crazy.....you can make your own opinion (just don't tell me) haha.....I picked up this cute little mini- bike this past week.  I have always wanted this bike and sure enough I got one!  Of course it doesn't run.......but it will.  I want to get this little bugger running and enjoy riding it to the mail box and teaching Marie to ride it as well.  After we enjoy it I want to totally tear down and restore it back to it original condition.  I think this will be a fun winter project.....and it doesn't take up too much room in the garage. 

The Honda Z50 was brought to market in 1967....it didn't make it to the US until 1969.  Honda produced this bike until 1999.  The powerplant is a 50cc air-cooled, single cylinder, four-stroke engine.  The tranney has 3 semi-automatic gears.  This is a super cute mini!  I can't wait to ride it.

Stay tuned for the success. 

2 comments:

  1. Correction: Marie knows you are crazy. But she loves you anyway. We will see what that little mini-bike brings.

    ReplyDelete