Sunday, July 6, 2014

65 Chevy.....Staight 6......3 on the Tree


after her new white wall tires....
Some may know what this means and some might not.  A couple weeks ago I purchase what will become the "bike getter"......BKG's first shop truck.  This fine Chevy was born in 1965....she's a c/k or also known as a c10 class truck.
Specifications:
Powerplant:  Straight 6.....meaning 6 cylinders in a straight line as opposed to a V6
Transmission: 3 on the tree....meaning the gears are manually shifted on the steering column as opposed to floor shifting.

So far I have bled the brake lines, installed a new brake master cylinder, changed the oil, flushed the radiator, cleaned the fuel lines, purchased a new wiring harness, purchased a new wood bed kit, purchased stock size white wall tires, and driven that beast with my fine lady by my side for about 100 miles.  Luckily Mrs Tucker enjoys every minute with me and even rides in the center of the bench seat.  It's not a hot rod, just some good ole classic fun.

I plan on updating the wiring, installing the wood bed, wet sanding and clear coating the body, and lowering the frame about 2 inches in the next few weeks. 

Willie
BKG

2 comments:

  1. I friggen' love this thing, That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the truck, but my favorite part is that Marie sits in the middle seat right next to you.

    ReplyDelete