Thursday, March 13, 2014

Still Wrenchin'

Where to start?

We're still here and going strong.  This year has been filled with travels and cold weather.  I haven't done all I've wanted to in the garage, but I do manage to slip out there from time to time.  So far BKG has made 2 sales and 0 purchases (the Big Beez is just fine with me not buying ANYTHING...haha).

She won't admit it, but she loves it!
In January I decided to list the Gorilla bike on Ebay for a 7 day auction.  I set a reserve price so I would at least make some $$$ on it if it reached a certain price.  It was a fun auction to watch......the last minute 2 people had a small bidding war and it moved out of reserve.  Some lucky fellow in Ft. Worth, TX will be enjoying riding it in parades. 
Pretty cool if I can say so...
Last Sunday Bobbie moved on.  I listed her on CL and it only took a week.  A young hipster kid from Seattle will be making her his first motorcycle.  Luckily the Saturday before she and I did about 15 miles in the 45F....and I wore a smile the whole way!

So currently I'm working on another mini bike...KV75.  I have it all apart for restoration.  It's been hard to find parts, so this build might take longer than expected.......all we have is time though!
wouldn't you love to be 6 and riding this through the woods?
bare bones...
painting...
a few of the finished items....
As well as the mini I'm working on a 1973 CB 500f.  This will be a sweet bike when it's done.  I've got the engine running well.  As of now I'm fabricating the frame to allow for a sleek seat design and a new electrical system.  Today I plan on building a rear hoop for the back of the frame.  Kinda hard to explain so you'll have to see with the pictures after I finish.
getting there....
the final color will be metallic silver with the logo clear coated on....
i cut the back end off with a grinder....a hoop will marry both sides together...
The "Brat" CB550 is still around and is a real thorn in my ass.  I basically tore down the top end of the engine to replace a head gasket......$400 later (long story) I replaced all the valves and had a local machine shop really fine tune the valve head.  I put everything back together and ran the engine....man she sounds mean!  But there's still a small leak.  So I took the head off again and am waiting for some more parts to seal it back up.  I really hope the new parts fix the problem.....she's too cool not to be out on the roads!
leaky head gaskets make a mess...
a beautiful head thanks to Barry's Machine Shop...
I still love her even though we have been through a few rounds...
There are 2 more bikes in the shop too......The KE175 and Honda 500 Twin.  Both are at a stand still.  I only have 2 arms....so these are going to rest were they lay for now!  Stay tuned!

Willie is out!





1 comment:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race! Glad to see you're still bustin' knuckles - except I don't like when you ACTUALLY BUST KNUCKLES, Connor! Take care of those man-hands! Hope the recent injury is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete