Sunday, March 30, 2014

Marchin' into Spring

I never found time to blog about our whirlwind weekend visit to PA for my 15-year high school reunion... it was a great excuse to go and spend a day or so with Karen, Matt, and Leo.  It was the weekend right after Maggie's shower...so I was a bit travel weary by the time I got home.  It was such a great time though.
The reunion was a lot of fun... but Karen was the most important one to see. Will always love that sweet girl.
Her little boy, Leo, turned 1 on March 5. He keeps her busy and is such a cutie!
Back home...I had traveling to do for work too.  So, I have enjoyed my weekends at home and finally did some cooking in the last few weeks. I must have been in the mood for ethnic food... here are some highlights.
Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Indian spiced chicken thighs and a lentil/chickpea dish. With naan and basmati rice. So yummy. Sorry. I can't find the recipes I used.
Finally made St. Patrick's day dinner... on March 29th. And Brown Soda Bread. With a Guinness of course.
Brazilian Feijoada.  Not as spicy as I like...but tasty and different.
Of course...my hubby is always preparing fantastic food. Just on a whim. Just because he is amazing.
Chef Willie with home-made wontons for soup. Isn't he the cutest chef ever?
Wonton soup and spring rolls. Fun!
I don't know how he makes such perfect scallops and sauces. Delicious.
Leigh Ann gave us some truffle butter a few months back. Connor used it to prepare a sauce for a perfect filet mignon. With Big Daddy mushrooms and grilled asparagus. Who needs restaurants when you have Connor for a husband?
We'll close with a pic of our fat cat. Dozing. Because that is what a 15-lb short legged cat does.
So big, he takes up your entire lap. And it makes your legs hurt after a certain period of time.
Bliss. He is in cat heaven having cat dreams. So TUTE!
Connor will chime in on brews and bikes soon. Hope your spring is off to a great start! Sending Love.


1 comment:

  1. I want some of that wonton soup... looks soooo gooooood...
    And that might be one of my all time favorite Lefty photos - the faceplant is the best!

    ReplyDelete