Friday, June 21, 2013

Sunshine on my Shoulders...

Flan from our anniversary dinner.

I guess June is my favorite month...I think it always has been.  The only problem with June in the PacNW is that it is too dang cold. But, our looooooong days kindof make up for that shortcoming.  Sun is up around 4 here...sets at 9:30ish. I LOVE it. Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy...It almost always makes me high. If I had a wish that I could wish for you... I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while.
Wild Willie has been doing most of the blogging lately. I keep meaning to... but excuses, excuses. No matter how busy I am, I find plenty of ways to fill my days with food and happiness.
Shrimp and Arugula Risotto
Maggie's buttermilk chicken
Steamed artichoke... ALMOST too pretty to eat!
Rhubarb Lentil Soup with Curried Cauliflower and Naan
Salmon Salad, Jalapeno cheese bread, broccoli cheese soup in the mugs.  Notice the fancy pink napkin...that was a little (stolen) souvenir from a wedding back in AR around 4/20/13. Oops!
Rhubarb Strawberry Pie - it was too pretty not to show the insides pre-baking!
Rhubarb Strawberry Pie - post-baking
Daryl came over for a cook out one night... shrimp kabobs, portabello mushrooms, mexican zucchini.
Wild Willie manning the grill... homemade pizza and corn on the cob too!
Turkey sliders... pesto pasta salad...arugula salad.
Man, I love a Sunday when we have time for sit-down breakfast! This was Muck-bear buttermilk pancakes with blueberries.

Sometimes Willie gets annoyed with my obsession with food and taking pictures of it. As evidenced in this photo of him with a shrimp po'boy and side of mangos, tomatoes, and avocados.
Discovered Vietnamese Iced Coffee. I am addicted.

So... what else... Oh yes! We had a lovely anniversary. We were going to cook at home but ended up at a little mexican place and then went to one of our favorite walking trails along the Chehalis River.
The Chehalis River is at the far side of this farm...running along that little hillside back there.
Willie looking for fish.
Just gorgeous.
"Time for your anniversary beating."
The Tuckers, Est. 2009
 I can't believe that Wild Willie hasn't blogged about the HUGE Slip N Slide that he set up in our back yard.  I wish you all could have seen it!! The whole neighborhood wanted to have a turn.

Not sure that those videos will convey the full effect...but it was seriously hilarious.  You would have thought it was a nice hot day...but it was ridiculously chilly. The kids shown are our sweet neighbor Beau (aka chicken farmer) and Gwen.  Various adults also visited. Most of them lamented their sore bodies in the following days...
Ummmm....can I mention that we can't wait for the rocking 40th Anniversary weekend in Marion?? STOKED!

4 comments:

  1. I love all the food pics! The rhubarb lentil soup with naan sounds especially delicious. And that's a good iced-coffee recipe I'll have to try...Ash and I do a similar thing with an overnighted french press.

    Sweet sliding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this tab open all day so I would remember to comment on it!! I loved all of this - but Matt and I especially enjoyed the videos of Connor and his slip-n-slide! CLASSIC CT! Loved the Anniversary pics, I cracked up at the anniversary beating one, terrible. I want some of that pie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could make a full, bloated person hungry again! You guys really know how to eat. I'm so happy that you two had a nice anniversary. Marion is going to be so much fun, I seriously can't wait.

    Can we set that slip n slide up in Marion?!? Pretty please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, a lot of awesome photos! I second setting up the slip'n'slide. Ok, not really, but there is a pretty sweet hill right off the front porch(deck)!

    ReplyDelete