Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just Bobbin' Along!

I have been working a little here and there on the Yamaha XS400 hardtail bobber.  I won't bore you all with details so I have just attached a few pictures of the process.  I hope you enjoy.

This is the furthest I have gotten......


BKG purchased a MIG welder a couple weeks ago.......



About to weld on the brackets I made for the seat....





I welded on a #6 metric nut on the rear tail to allow the fender stringer to mount on.....



Tires mounted on the primed rims...


Taking all the patina off the fuel tank...

Things are starting to go faster now that I have the welder.  I am almost to the point of stripping the frame bare and prime/top coat paint.  I still need to build a new wiring harness.....just dreading that. 

4 comments:

  1. Oooph, building a wiring harness does not sound like fun. I'm ordering parts from DCC as we speak and I hope to be on the road by next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELDING?? Is there anything you CANNOT do, Connor Tucker??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, Willie. Good purchase with the welder too....you are a man of many talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I do not like about your bike posts is that I wish you and Muck could work on them together! Anything to start bringing us all together! You really are a talented sun of a gun.

    ReplyDelete