Sunday, December 2, 2012

The first Sunday of Advent 2012

Advent is becoming one of my favorite times of the year... Probably thanks to the influence from Aunt Pat!  The advent season is meant to represent a time of quiet anticipation for the coming of Jesus.  Jesus represents hope, love, and a fresh start for our world.
While I don't get too involved in all of the religious aspects of the season, I do thoroughly enjoy church, advent wreaths, and advent calendars.  Remember how Aunt Pat used to send us advent calendars every year and we would fight over whose turn it was to open the door and get mightily upset when someone else had "peaked" and opened the door first?  Good times.
Here is a picture of my peaceful first Sunday of Advent for 2012...Two sleeping cats and my true love in the couch corner.

Football on the TV. My first batch of Christmas cookies (Icebox Pinwheels) in the oven (making a different Christmas Cookie each Sunday during Advent for Daryl and Connor).
Peace. Joy. Love. To all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Wish I had someone to fight over opening the doors with these days - I always forget and then have to open 5 at a time! Looks like a very peaceful Sunday... Hope those "pineels" turn out great.

    ReplyDelete