Saturday, December 22, 2012

Dun.....Man!!!!


Day 159
Here she is!!!  Finally the KZ400 project is complete.  I tell you what folks.....I have really enjoyed this build.  I have learned a lot and really pushed myself on my mechanical skills.  There are a few loose ends to tie up like installing side mirrors and tucking away some of the electrical wiring but nothing major.  I rode her around last night for about 20 minutes before the rain hit and it was a blast.  I would say that she runs better than a new Singer Sewing machine.  Hope you too enjoyed.  Here is a list of things that I did:
New paint
Tires
Rebuilt Carbs with larger jets

Pod Filters
Brake cable
Seat
Sprockets
Chain
Handlebars
Grips
Bobbed fenders
Signal lights
Tail light
A few engine seals
Piston rings
Top end engine gaskets
I am sure I did more I just can't think.  I just want to take it for a ride!

Day 1

Off the show room floor


One moto project down and one to go!

2 comments:

  1. nicely done, sir! you are such a man's man. enjoy the fruits of your labors (very safely please!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic! And nice work on the bike!

    ReplyDelete