Sunday, August 5, 2012

She is running better!


While Marie was gone this weekend I worked on the KZ400.  I had ordered some new jets for the carbs, but unfortunately they were the wrong size.  So I reordered them and they should be in next week.  I took the old jets and cleaned thoroughly just so I could get the bike running.  After reassembling the carbs the bike kicked over and ran.  I installed the new pod filters as well.  I drove it around the neighborhood a few times to warm up the engine.  After the engine gets warm there is smoke coming out of the left exhaust pipe.  This could be an indication that the mixture is too rich.  Hopefully the new jets will solve this problem.  I have been reading up on the clutch adjustment....this will be my next task.



I purchased an old seat and two side covers from Ebay, they should be here some time next week.  I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. For some reason the video is not working. I will try and reload it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie got her jets kicking just as we were reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you kept yourself entertained while your beautiful wife was gone! Bike is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete