Sunday, July 12, 2015

No news... good news...

Well. Life here in WA has settled into a holding pattern. I can't decide if I like it? Or can't stand it? I mean... we are slowly decreasing activity for life as we know it here...but we can't really work on life as we want to know it for the future.  It might be a few weeks until things feel more final and we can proceed with actual decisions.  So, my brain is in constant thought about all I NEED TO DO...but my body isn't allowed to do anything. You know how hard that is for me. But I also kinda like our leisurely weekends...  Connor is cool, calm, and collected as usual. :)
I decided to do another blog because it feels like a journal of the last few years of our life here in WA. Maybe we won't continue it in TX... so I will enjoy it while I can.
Afternoon Tea at The Empress Hotel in Victoria with Aunt Pat. We wished for Martha, Mags, Amber and Ashley! Such a fun girl's date.
Egg Day 2015...our last one?

Fun! We went to the US Open at Chambers Bay.  It was a great date. Never thought I would enjoy golf so much!
Very excited and grateful that Martha got to go meet little Everly Britt! I think she enjoyed her little trip immensely. 
And we got to meet Evie B through Skype! She is beautiful, bright, and sweet - just like her mama and papa!
Breakfast is a beautiful thing on a cool Sunday morning.
Seriously. This bruschetta was so dang delicious. Toasted bread smeared with a cannellini bean mash, then the chopped tomato/herb mixture, some leafy greens...topped with a balsamic glaze reduction and olive oil. I could eat it everyday! I never had bruschetta with the bean smear before. It made the meal! Take note Mark/Amber - this needs to be in your vegan repertoire!
We are cat-sitting for our neighbor... This is Felix. Connor likes to give him a voice.  Think Forrest Gump and say, "Welcome to my Black Panther par-ty."  LOL.  
Of course...our fat cats keep holding down the fort!
So... no news really. Just the usual blessed daily life. Hope your summer is hoppin!!

2 comments:

  1. SO MANY THINGS TO REPLY TO.
    1. Love the tea pic with Pat at the Empress. I have a lot of wonderful memories of visiting her when I was 13 and tea at the Empress is a top one. I would have loved to join you.
    2. Matt was totally asking me if you guys would go see any of the US Open this year and I was like "nah?" because I had no idea it was so close to you! That is really cool. We watched some of it, perhaps we "saw" you in the background and didn't know it.
    3. Incredibly jealous of any and all EvieB exposure that I'm missing out on. So glad mom could go. So proud of Mashley.
    4. Those pancakes look friggen amazing
    5. Bruschetta is on our menu for this week! But we will use regular mozzarella. However, the bean mash actually sounds pretty good to me.
    5. Felix is going to want to move with you permanently.
    6. When you say "holding down" the fort, it's literal with those tubber tats! I miss them.
    7. DON'T YOU DARE STOP POSTING WHEN YOU MOVE. I'll cry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, such a nice post. The bruschetta looks really good, I shall have to snag the recipe from you. I know it's tough being in a holding pattern, but it's still really exciting that you two are going to be embarking on a new chapter!!!!

    ReplyDelete