Monday, July 15, 2013

Beaches, Bikes, Brew, and Barbecue


Sounds like a fun festival!  It's been fun and busy in the Tuckerhouse....not a real moment of downtime.  Here's a quick recap:

Beaches:
Last Wednesday we went to Steilacome, WA and enjoyed a Beatles cover band on the Puget Sound.  We ate yummy burritos and delicious ice cream.....Marie got the stuffed strawberries and I had the peanut crusted chocolate ice cream bar.

Abbey Road rocking out!
yummy!

Yesterday we went river exploring.  There are so many rivers in Washington, probably 4 in the Chehalis area.  It was hot so we needed to do some swimming!  This beautiful body of water is only 17 miles from our front door.  The river is the Olequa.....it runs into the famous Cowlitz River.  We packed a few brews and some cold fried chicken!
so close, but so far away....


slippery rocks....
the water was chilly, but we dove right in....

Bikes:
The XL500 is running great right now.  I have decided to sell it....I know you all thought I was going to keep it and thrash it in the woods.  Well, you can't make any $$$ doing that!  I'm not desperate to sell, so I'll just see if anyone is interested.
my favorite passenger......

The XS400 "Bobbie" is looking better everyday.  I have been trying to take a few moments everyday on her.....painting and putting  back together.  Hopefully I can hear her run this weekend.
the pieces of the puzzle.....
Hottie.....I love my biker chic!
I got a lot done.....the powerplant is back in the chassis....
my first attempt a body filler work....
some more sanding before primer.....
Brew:
Saturday I brewed batch #39......Rye Not?   This is a Rye American Pale Ale.  Everything went without a hitch.  I have never brewed with rye malt before so I thought a simple pale ale recipe would highlight the rye's spicy flavor.
American 2 Row Malt
Rye Malt
Flaked Oats
Crystal 15L
Hopped with Perle and Australian Galaxy
Stay tuned for the outcome!

active fermentation.....
I also bottled the Dopplebock that I brewed last December.  I plan on sharing this amongst my brewing community this holiday season.


before bottling.....
And to top our weekend off we enjoyed some finger-licking BBQ ribs.
I love BBQ ribs.....
I hope everyone has a great week!!!




1 comment:

  1. LOVE that first picture of you guys with the sunshine pouring over you. I can see your halos!!

    ReplyDelete