Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tearin' Down

Maybe the last time this bike is complete...

It's time...finally got the KZ 400 dialed in perfectly.  She runs well and is ready for the next step....Tear it down and off to paint. I was able to take her for about a 15 mile joy ride last Saturday before disassembling.
It's a roller...
Do you think I can put it back...I guess I am committed now.
Lots of pieces.
I am using liquid stripper as well as wire brushes attached to my drill to remove the factory paint.

I finished up the frame this afternoon and hope to start prepping for paint tomorrow and putting on at least one coat of primer.  The final paint color will be a flat black on the frame and fenders.  The tank and side covers will be either a metallic light blue or red. 



2 comments:

  1. wait wait, so you're painting it yourself?? that seems ambitious!! I can't wait to see it all purdied-up though.

    ReplyDelete