Monday, September 24, 2012

Beer Can Chicken!!!

That little yard bird is just about done.....I love beer can chicken and so does Marie.  We haven't prepared one all summer long, so we were do.  I kept it simple.  I made a marinade with olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, chipolte chile powder, garlic, salt and pepper. I chopped up half a bunch of cilantro and rubbed it all over. I marinaded the bird for a few hours. You need a tall can to cook the average size bird.  I settled for the Champagne of Beer.
You know that nectar really added the needed flavor!!!

To go along with the bird I stuffed some of our home grown Anaheim peppers.  They were delicious.

Vibrant green!
Bacon....say it!


Along with some home grown grilled squash.



It was a great meal!  Come join us next time.


1 comment:

  1. FANCY!! Looks good! I have heard of the beer can method but not adventurous enough to try it. I love you kids.

    ReplyDelete