Sunday, October 9, 2011

FALLin' to the Tucker House

October 8+9, 2011-
It has been another busy but wonderful weekend at the Tucker house.  Too much to put into a blog...so I will show some picture highlights.
Connor harvested his Giant Sunflower... too bad it has started to rot.  But, we were able to salvage a few pieces.  We are trying to dry it; the seeds are HUGE!
 We had a lovely brunch on Sunday morning... Connor brought me flowers on his way home from work, I made pecan waffles, we had yummy toppings...and delicious coffee.

We canned pears... it was really very simple. Wash, peel, treat, halve/core, hotpack with extra light syrup, water bath for 20-25 minutes. 

Made a pear pie with a few of the remaining pears... and baked a few loaves of pumpkin bread.

Finished the day with a long walk.  Came home to steamy lasagna, Brussels Sprouts, and good bread!
Just wish we had some body to share all this good food with... we even cleaned the garage.  We totally have room for visitors. Come on over!

2 comments:

  1. That is the biggest sunflower I've ever seen! You guys have such wonderful food habits.. I'm jealous and wish I could get in on some of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a HUGE sunflower, crazy! I am super jealous of your canning abilities. I want some pears :(

    ReplyDelete