Tuesday, November 19, 2013

BKG got Lifted!

1973 Honda CB500F.....next victim.
Bare Knuckle Willie is tired of all the back braking bending work that comes with turning wrenches on motorcycles!

Yesterday I decided to build a motorcycle table.....I have always wanted one and really don't want to fork out $1000 for a professional hydraulic lifted table.  So being my frugal self.....I built one out of reclaimed wood.  Last night I cut up all the pieces needed to put it together......this morning I purchased the needed nuts, bolts, and washers....tonight I assembled everthing!  It's nothing fancy...just a table that sits 30 inches high....36 inches wide and 84 inches long.  I can't wait to start working on something that I don't have to sit on a milk crate, 5 gallon bucket, or a cold concrete garage floor.

Here is the process:

piecing together.
building the 2 sides.
adding the top band.
all banded and gaining strength and stability.
an old table top being reused.
the ramp needs some fine tuning....a little jankey.
rolled right up!
nothing but some Hondas.
Eno will sit in any type of box.
Last night I came across a cowboy hat I made out of a beer carton.  I made it 3-4 years ago and never wear it.  I decided to throw it away and Eno pleaded not too.  It was way too comfortable for him to sit in for a few minutes....haha.


Willie....OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Willie, your talents know no end! I am still not fully comprehending how you pushed a heavy bike up that skinny ramp without killing yourself or it falling off. Duly impressed.

    Eno is so "special."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Margs, how did you get that bike up that ramp?

    ReplyDelete