Monday, August 12, 2013

71st Loggers Jubilee

Saturday Blake and I headed east to Morton, WA to the 71st Annual Loggers Jubilee.  This is an event I have been trying to see for the past 5 years and I made it a point to see it this year.  We rode the CL and CB 360's on the old hwy 12...each way for 50 miles....sun was shinning and it was a blast going there.  Upon arrival many people came up to us with astonishment and questions about the vintage bikes that took us there.

Oh...I forgot. You don't know about the 1974 Honda CL 360.  I picked up this bike a week after the CB 360 in an estate sale in Maple Valley, WA.   Basically like most bikes I get.....change the plug, oil, gas, and add a battery.  There you have it!
1974 Honda CL 360 Scrambler

80' spar pole climb
tree topping competition
spring board competion
The event was amazing.  I couldn't keep up with my camera because I was so impressed with the competitor's physical ability to cut, saw, climb, chop, and choke.

The events were:
Tree Topping
Speed Climb
Double Bucking
Single Bucking
Obstacle Pole Bucking
Standing Vertical Bucking
Spring Board Chop
Horizontal Block Chop
Choker Setting
Stock Saw
Hot Saw
Axe Throw

Wow....what a show!

Here is footage from a previous event that World Champion Brian Bartow did in 2006 at the Lumberjack World Championship.  Brian climbed the 80' spare pole Saturday in Morton in a record time of 19 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS6nR2p8WdY&list=UUUExIXOtyqiOxukW1axWVQw

A slow motion video to see how speed climbers slow down on the fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_fouKWNl4o&list=UUUExIXOtyqiOxukW1axWVQw





2 comments:

  1. As always, an entertaining read. That pole climbing is something crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I couldn't imagine being so physically capable! You could have shown them all up, Connor!

    ReplyDelete